A very sumptuous version of Nigella's dense chocolate loaf cake (Domestic Goddess) - for those who appreciate prunes and not for the faint hearted although it isn't at all heavy.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate (best, patissier)
- 1 ounce almond meal
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces unsweetened cocoa
- 5 ounces soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 20 cooked, chopped pitted prunes (save the cooking juice for the warm liquid)
- 3 fluid ounces water (to add to the warm liquid, if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (add to the warm liquid)
- 2 tablespoons alcohol (I use Prunelle which is a locally produced plum liqueur, but some people like Armagnac with prunes)
Serious Chocolate Prune Cake is a community recipe submitted by Anonymous and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.