I lived for several years with my very dear friend Wai who is of East Asian lineage. Her family regularly visited and brought by delicious Chinese and Vietnamese food, and her penchant for restaurants meant we went out to eat rather frequently. Obviously I picked up all the tips I could and one of my favourites remains this sweet, salty, savoury, sticky honey garlic marinade. One thing about preparing meat of any sort is to take it out of the fridge and let it come just to room temperature before cooking 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on how warm of a day it is. If you only leave it out for this long you won't get food poisoning. For this recipe, simply marinate it on the countertop for 30 minutes before cooking.
- 1 part honey
- 1 part olive oil
- 1 part soy sauce
- garlic (as much as you like crushed)
- chicken pieces
Honey Garlic Chicken is a community recipe submitted by duffs10 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Mix the ingredients together until combined.
- Add the chicken pieces and let it marinate for 30 minutes or as long as you like in the fridge.
- Heat the grill and cook the chicken on low heat until the internal temperature reaches 77°C or higher.
- Once finished, serve with rice, couscous, steamed potatoes, vegetables, etc. Don't waste any left-over marinade just heat it to the boil and serve alongside the chicken.