This recipe appears in Richard Sax's, "Classic Home Desserts," and is based upon a recipe by John Thorne. Sax added the vanilla, which Thorne did not include in the original version. As an American who has searched a lifetime for a good pecan pie, I can vouch for the title. Also, I say use the Lyle's.
- 1 packet shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup cane sugar (or dark muscovado sugar, turbinado or light brown sugar)
- 3 cups golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- ¼ cup softened unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broken pecan nuts
- whipped cream (sweetened or vanilla ice cream for serving)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Best-Ever Pecan Pie is a community recipe submitted by exiledcal and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.