From "Bistro Cooking" by Patricia Wells. For the brewed tea, Ms. Wells recommends using about 1 tablespoon of loose Earl Grey tea leaves to 2 cups (50 cl) of water.
- 500 hot tea (strong, black - such as Earl Grey)
- ½ pitted pitted prunes
- 63 whole natural almonds
- 1 large lightly beaten egg
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons eau de vie (plum - or brandy)
- 188 creme fraiche (or whipping cream)
- 1 pate sucree shell (partially baked and cooled)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Tarte Aux Pruneau Et Aux Amandes (Prune and Almond Tart) is a community recipe submitted by exiledcal and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.