Very easy to make and freeze either cooked or uncooked.
- 1 vanilla bean (halved lengthways)
- 9 ounces softened butter
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar (to serve)
Vanilla Freezer Biscuits is a community recipe submitted by FionaS and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean. Discard bean. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and seeds until pale and creamy. Add egg.
- Beat until combined. Sift flour over butter mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Using hands, shape each half into a 30cm log.
- Either cut off circles to bake, or wrap each log in baking paper and freeze. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. If frozen, remove logs from freezer 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice into 1.5cm-thick rounds. Place rounds, 3cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden. Cool on trays for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve dusted with confectioners' sugar.