This is lovely after a really heavy meal, I love this after my other recipe with the cheesy title ''Pasta a la Howard'' I usually serve this with a fresh sprinkling of either crushed pistachios or crushed pecans. This does make a lot, so I do usually half the ingredients.
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 625 millilitres sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 625 millilitres milk
- 625 millilitres cold black coffee
- 6 medium slightly beaten egg yolks
- 1250 millilitres thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 500 millilitres walnut pieces
Coffee Ice Cream is a community recipe submitted by Howard and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Makes 1 gallon of coffee walnut ice cream.