Slightly different version of a childhood classic
- 500 millilitres self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 85 grams cubed butter
- 75 millilitres superfine sugar
- 125 millilitres currants
- 125 millilitres dried cranberries
- 125 millilitres chopped dried apricots
- 1 beaten egg
- 125 millilitres milk
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar (or Demerara sugar)
Cranberry, Apricot and Currant Rockcakes is a community recipe submitted by Jocelyn and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
I use my kitchen scissors to snip the dried apricots, but you could always just as easily buy a packet of the diced dried apricots. Whatever's easier!