As mentioned in the 'Most Disgusting Food You Ate....' thread. But THIS is NOT disgusting!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Mayonnaise Chocolate Cake is a community recipe submitted by JonMc and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the water and beat 1 minute. Add the mayonnaise and beat 1 minute. Add the vanilla and beat 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan, 13 x 9 inch square for a very high cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Ice the cake as you choose, but I like the taste and visual contrast of a simple vanilla buttercream icing.