Melt butter and oil in a large pot. Stir through Arborio rice until combined and until the rice appears pearly white. Ensure heat of stove is down to medium and pour boiling chicken broth over rice mixture. Stir to separate rice and to avoid sticking. When half of chicken broth has absorbed add the chicken pieces. continue stirring every now and again to avoid sticking. when approx. 1/4 liquid remains add veggies and spices. Continue stirring until the rice appears creamy and the liquid is absorbed. Serve in large bowls. Add parmesan cheese if you prefer.
Everyone's Favourite. An interesting mix of ingredients but it's SO YUM!!
- 500 millilitres arborio rice
- 1¼ litres chicken broth
- 1 kilogram chopped chicken breasts ( into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 stick broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 2 medium chopped finely carrots
- 63 millilitres sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 pinch of salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch of pepper (to taste)
Home Style Chicken Risotto is a community recipe submitted by Juliambrose and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.