Take a bite out of these scary snacks – before they bite you!!
- 4 persimmons
- 500 grams puff pastry , thawed if frozen plain flour (for dusting)
- 100 grams cheddar cheese grated
- 1 red pepper (roasted or fresh)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 strawberries sliced
- pumpkin seeds or almond flakes
Halloween Persimon Bites is a community recipe submitted by SpanishPersimon and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan oven 200°C/Gas Mark 7
- Cut 2 Spanish persimon into round even slices, removing their leafy stems. Cut the remaining 2 Spanish persimon into 6 wedges, again removing their leafy stems
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and stamp out rounds with a 7-8cm cutter. Arrange on greased baking sheets and sprinkle with grated cheese. Place a slice of Spanish persimon on top of each one and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until puffed up and golden brown.
- Cut out ‘fangs’ from the red pepper and arrange on top of the puff pastry bites
- With the persimon wedges, carefully cut out a smaller wedge from each one, fill with peanut butter and arrange pumpkin seeds or flaked almonds on top to look like ‘teeth’, with strawberry slices to look like ‘tongues’. Serve at once! Cook’s tip: Prepare the puff pastry bites up to the point of baking – just keep refrigerated, then bake when your guests arrive.