In Maryland, a crab cake consits mostly of crabmeat. I wouldn't do it any other way. They can be made as appetizers, if your guests are lucky, or as an entree served with a grilled roll and fresh corn on the cob.
- ½ crab meat (backfin, lump or jumbo lump - blue crab has the most flavour)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops tabasco (or any other hot sauce)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 125 mayonnaise
- 20 crushed water biscuits (exactly 20)
Maryland Crab Cakes is a community recipe submitted by kathryn.delaney and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.