It can't get much better than Banoffie Pie for a celebration!
- 12 ounces shortcrust pastry
- 1½ tins sweetened condensed milk (13.5oz in each tin)
- 1½ pounds bananas (firm)
- 13 fluid ounces heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon powdered instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- freshly ground coffee
Original Banoffie Pie is a community recipe submitted by Kimberleyski and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
*CAUTION It is absolutely vital to top up the pan of boiling water frequently during the cooking of the cans. 3 hours is a long time and if they are allowed to boil dry the cans will explode causing a grave risk to life, limb and kitchen ceilings.