I just adore this type of food! All in one pot!
- 1½ pounds beef stew meat (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 shallots (quartered)
- 1 large cubed potato
- 1 large cubed carrot
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1 salt
- ¼ cup green olives (pitted)
Beef and Green Olive Tajine is a community recipe submitted by Krakra58 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Mix the paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, ginger and garlic into 2 tbsp. of the oliveoil and tomatopaste in a large bowl.
- Add the beef, toss and coat, leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Heat the remaining oil in the bottom of the tajine (or skillet) and fry the shallots, potatoes and carrots until they begin to colour. Remove from pan.
- Add the beef and brown on all sides. Return the vegetables to the tajine allong with the diced tomatoes and remaining marinade.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 3 to 4 hours until Beef is tender.
- Add the parsley, season with salt and stir in the green olives.
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes. Serve with Cous-Cous and/or flat Moroccan bread.
Once you've eaten this, you'll not want to stop!