It's so nourishing and easy to make!
- ½ cup wholewheat flour
- ¾ cup quick-cooking oats
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon edible flowers (lavender buds)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup natural yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Whole Wheat Squares is a community recipe submitted by Krakra58 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour,almonds,oats, lavender buds and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the egg, yoghurt, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add this to the flour mixture.
- Stir together with a large spoon or with your hands until it comes together.
- Pat the dough to a square directly on parchment paper, cut with a sharp knife to 9- 3 inch squares and bake for 10-12 minutes. Don't overbake.
- Let cool and break pieces apart.
I make these all the time, you can freeze them as well, use as a cheesecake base as well, add 125 gr of butter to make a firmer dough...and add anything else that you fancy... Photo by: www.tartelette.blogspot.com.