In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer. Cover the broth and keep warm over low heat. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the pancetta and sausage and sautÃ© until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms and sautÃ© until tender, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add the wine and simmer until the wine has almost completely evaporated, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition of broth to absorb before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and the mixture is creamy, about 25 to 30 minutes total. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3/4 of the Parmesan. Transfer the risotto to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the parsley and remaining Parmesan and serve immediately.
A yummy recipe from Giada De Laurentiis.
- 1250 millilitres chicken soup (reduced sodium)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 57 grams chopped pancetta
- 170 grams italian sausages (casing removed)
- 188 millilitres finely chopped onions
- 250 millilitres chopped red bell peppers
- 113 grams coarsely chopped button mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 375 millilitres medium grain rice
- 188 millilitres dry white wine
- 125 millilitres grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh italian parsley
Dirty Risotto is a community recipe submitted by Lea and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.