A sweet tasting side/starter dish, the perfect companion to serve with grilled chicken or fish. A elegant starter when put with some nice salty cheese, or creamy goat cheese for an unusual, sophisticated dessert.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 250 millilitres raisins (gold and black, half of each - good quality big ones, to get a good plump up when cooking)
- 2 red bell peppers (sliced into one inch pieces, guts removed!)
- 2 yellow bell peppers (sliced into one inch pieces, guts removed!)
- 63 millilitres red wine vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- fresh basil (optional)
Raisin & Bell Pepper Saute is a community recipe submitted by Minthekitchen and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.