This is easy to prepare and it's tasty.
- ½ teaspoon salt (according to taste)
- 1 black gram dhal
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green chile
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
Vaddai is a community recipe submitted by nithyashree and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Soak the dhal in adequate water for 1 hour.
- Strain the water and grind it into a thick creamy paste (do not add excess water).
- Add the other ingredients, mix well.
- Apply water in your hands and roll the dough into small balls and make hole in the center.
- Deep fry in oil.
Serve hot with coconut chutney.