This is an Italian take on the trifle. The recipe is from Food Network's Gianda deLaurentis. Mascarpone is a bit expensive but I buy it when it's on sale and freeze it.
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces melted bittersweet chocolate (or semisweet)
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- gram instant espresso powder
- gram coffee liqueur
- 12 ounces cubed panettone
- chocolate shavings (for garnish)
Panettone Trifle is a community recipe submitted by Patrizia and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.