This is my favourite cheesecake, and another of my mother's recipes.
For the Crust
- 375 millilitres graham crackers (made into crumbs)
- 63 millilitres confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 beaten eggs
- ⅓ kilogram softened cream cheese
- 125 millilitres sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Sour Cream Topping
- 375 millilitres sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅘ teaspoon salt
- grated lemon peel (to serve)
Cream Cheesecake With Sour Cream is a community recipe submitted by Psappha and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
You will need a 9 inch/23cm pie pan.
Please note that this recipe must be made a day ahead in order to allow the cake to chill completely. You can, of course, omit the lemon rind, although I couldn't dream of eating this cake without the added luxury of the lemon rind over top!