Preheat oven to 200ÂºC. Cook pasta as directed, adding broccoli after five minutes Drain and keep warm. Fry bacon and scallions in 1 tbsp of the oil from tuna. Add the tuna and fry quickly, then add the corn, herbs and stock cube. Combine with pasta and place in greased lasagne dish. Melt butter, in a small pan, and stir in flour. Stir one minute, take off heat and slowly pour in hot milk. Return to heat and thicken, adding cheese and stirring until melted. Pour sauce over the pasta, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and paprika and bake in oven for 25 minutes. To brown the top at the end, just lightly grill.
This is simple, easy and healthy cos it's full of veggies.
For the Tuna Vegetable Bake
- 255 grams pasta (Vegeroni Shapes or elbow pasta)
- 2 rashers bacon
- 3 scallions
- 255 grams broccoli (or 4 medium florets)
- 397 grams canned tuna (in canola oil)
- 312 grams canned sweetcorn kernels (canned, drained)
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 63 millilitres parmesan cheese
For the Topping
- 250 millilitres grated cheese
- 500 millilitres heated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 57 grams butter
Tuna Vegetable Bake is a community recipe submitted by purple sage and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.