This is a fantastic weekend lunch for the whole family and a few friends.
- 1 chicken (whole)
- 1 packet frozen okra
- saffron strands (Spanish saffron, a few strands)
- 1000 millilitres jasmine rice (rinsed under cold water and soaked in warm water for at least 10 minutes)
- 2 large thinly sliced onions
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium potatoes
- 500 millilitres water
- 1 splash of lime juice
- 250 millilitres tomato sauce
Okra, Saffron Chicken, & Rice Feast is a community recipe submitted by Raha Lane and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
For garnish, use young lettuce leaves, thinly sliced radishes, and Persian pickles or English Gherkins, and lime wedges.