I tried this recipe out and I like it.It's easy and it isn't fussy.Side dishes for this can be a nice fresh salad, veggies or potato wedges.
- 1 large chicken (about 1.5 - 2kg)
- 3 large lemons
- fresh lemon thyme
- fresh parsley
- spring onions
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- olive oil (to glaze)
- 250 millilitres water
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Easy Lemon Roast Chicken is a community recipe submitted by ChrisRSA and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Line a roasting dish.
- Take out the giblets from the chicken and rinse the chicken under cold water.
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Chop up all the fresh herbs.
- Place the lemon and the herbs inside the chicken.
- Tie the chicken's legs together.
- Lastly paint some olive oil over the outside of the chicken then sprinkle over the lemon and herb spices and salt and pepper.
- Add about 1 cup of water in the roasting dish this keeps the chicken moist.
- Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours until clear moisture comes out of the chicken when you cut it.
- Cook the chicken uncovered or in an oven bag. Good Luck.
Goes very well with potato salad, green beans, grilled sweet potatoes, baby roast potatoes.