The original recipe is from a SA outdoors magazine. Tried it and adapted it to our taste. Delicious as a meal on its own or as a side dish. You can experiment with different vegetables (as I have).
- 4 large potatoes (cut in 1cm rings)
- 250 millilitres frozen sweetcorn kernels
- 250 millilitres mushrooms (cut into pieces)
- 4 slices diced bacon ( and fried lightly)
- 250 millilitres cream
- 500 millilitres cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
Creamy Potato Bake is a community recipe submitted by SAFruitCake and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
The original recipe only had the sweetcorn, and that is delicious. You can add caramelized onions, brinjals, peas, almost any veggie you can think of and its still a winner.