Well, what can I say except that it IS the best ever chocolate pound cake! A no fuss chocolate cake made with cocoa powder that really is delicious! This recipe comes from Marlene Matar's book "Marlene's best recipes".
For the Cake
- 500 millilitres flour
- 313 millilitres unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 375 millilitres butter
- 688 millilitres superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons best vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons coffee (disolved in 1 tablespoon of hot water)
- 5 eggs
- 313 millilitres natural yoghurt
For the Decoration
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
Best Ever Chocolate Pound Cake is a community recipe submitted by SamIAm and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
When I serve this cake, people look at me with suspicion that I am conspiring to make them put on weight and one serving is never enough!