An extremely moist version of parkin spiked with ginger to give a warm and delicious cake with a 'toffee' texture. Makes approx 22 pieces.
- 500 millilitres self-raising flour
- 500 millilitres medium quick-cooking oats
- 250 millilitres superfine sugar
- 250 millilitres milk
- ½ kilogram golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon black molasses
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 28 grams finely diced candied stem ginger
The Best Yorkshire Parkin is a community recipe submitted by sarakev1 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.