An extremely moist version of parkin spiked with ginger to give a warm and delicious cake with a 'toffee' texture. Makes approx 22 pieces.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups medium quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon black molasses
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ounce finely diced candied stem ginger
The Best Yorkshire Parkin is a community recipe submitted by sarakev1 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.