Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, add the lemongrass, garlic and ginger, then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, sugar and the rice and toss thoroughly before adding the mint and coriander. Garnish with peanuts and serve as a side dish or as a light meal or snack.
This is such a yummy and easy dish to make. So much flavour!!
- 4 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon asian sesame oil
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 1 handful chopped fresh mint
- ½ medium red chile (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 sticks finely chopped lemongrass
- 1 stick chopped celery
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 zucchini (cut into small strips)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 handful toasted peanuts (to garnish - optional)
Thai Rice is a community recipe submitted by SaratheCook and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.