This looks like a dreadful mistake until fully baked - my kids used to call it Cow-pat pudding! As it bakes, though, it separates out into a light sponge top with a thick fudge sauce below. It can be served hot or cold, with cream or ice-cream if you really don't care about the calories!
- 6 ounces self-rising flour (sifted)
- 10 ounces superfine sugar (white or brown)
- 2 ounces unsweetened cocoa (sifted)
- 2 ounces butter (softened, plus a little for greasing)
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 4 ounces chocolate chips (OR chopped nuts, OR chopped dates)
- 14 fluid ounces water (just off the boil)
Chocolate Fudge Upside Down Pudding is a community recipe submitted by SavAged and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.