Here is an absolutely wonderful, warming stew - perfect for bonfire night with rice or jacket potatoes and green vegetables or a salad.
- 1½ pounds cubed chuck steak
- 2 ounces flour
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 sliced onions
- ½ pint beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can drained kidney beans
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Gingered Beef Stew is a community recipe submitted by scoffypig and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.