This is one of my favorite soups I've been asked asked for this recipe many times. I like to mix all my favorite potatoes for this one and after scrubbing up their jackets I leave them on for the extra vitamins and minerals delivered to your bowl...I do shuck the corn before shaving the kernals into the pot but I remove and save the silks for tea and shucks for tamales.
- 10 large mashed potatoes (cooked)
- grilled sweetcorn (4 large ears)
- 1 large diced roasted peppers (use 1/4 of each, red, yellow, green, purple and orange for great colour - you can freeze fresh peppers for another dish)
- 1 bunch scallion (tops, chopped)
- 1 bunch cilantro (tear these, careful they don't bruise)
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ kilogram butter
- 1⅗ litres milk (or half and half single cream)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Potato Corn Chowder is a community recipe submitted by Sidbits and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.