My boyfriend loves cookies and cream cheesecake. So, for his birthday, I whipped up my version of a cheesecake (cream cheese icing) along with a delightful devils food cake.
For the Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 12 chocolate biscuits
For the Cupcake
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12½ teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (brewed)
- 1 cup milk
Cookies N Cream Cupcakes is a community recipe submitted by tart13 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda & cocoa powder, & salt. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time.
- Then stir in vanilla and coffee. Add flour mixture and milk alternately. Beat well
- Then fill muffin tin 3/4 full. Bake for 15 to 17 min until you have a clean toothpick.
- Whisk heavy cream into thick stiff peaks form. In another bowl, thoroughly blend cream cheese and sugar.
- Next, fold in whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Add cookie crumbs. Fold gently until blended.
- Ice cooled cupcakes.