A very unusual, nutty textured cake. The brown sugar and wholemeal flour add richness while the blue poppy seeds give a strong yet delicate flavour.
For the Cake
- 4 ounces blue poppy seeds
- 8⅓ fluid ounces reduced fat milk
- 8 ounces butter (margarine)
- 8 ounces turbinado sugar
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 8 ounces whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Icing
- 4 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 3½ fluid ounces rosewater
- silver balls (for decoration)
Joanna's Blue Poppy Seed Cake is a community recipe submitted by tootsievalentine and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.