Warm the oil in the pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion, garlic and chilli for a few minutes until the onion is soft. Pour in rice and stir for a few minutes to ensure the grains are coated with oil. Add the capsicum, tomato, paprika and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is al dente.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 diced red onion
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 red chile (seeds removed and chopped finely)
- 250 basmati rice
- 1½ diced red bell peppers
- 1½ diced yellow bell peppers
- 2 diced tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 500 vegetable broth
Three-Pepper Paella is a community recipe submitted by toowoombagirl and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.