What better combination can one think of than creamy pasta and puff pastry? This recipe merges the two worlds together to provide a devilish sinful - yet relatively simple - dish that is surely a crowd pleaser!
- 400 grams tortelloni (I prefer meat tortellini, but that is entirely up to you)
- 150 grams pancetta cubes
- 200 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- 250 millilitres fresh cream
- 4 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 all-butter ready-rolled puff pastry sheet at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 egg whisked
- olive oil
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Tortellini Scatolati is a community recipe submitted by neilbugeja and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Boil the tortellini to 1-2 minutes less than the packet instructions. Drain and set aside until sauce is finished.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Fry the garlic and mushrooms in olive oil until golden (approx 3-4 minutes).
- Add the pancetta and continue frying for another 3-4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the fresh cream and leave to simmer on a low flame for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the al dente tortellini to the sauce and stir until completely coated and the sauce is a thick mixture.
- Roll out the pastry sheets onto baking paper on a baking dish.
- Equally divide the pasta and sauce between the two pastry sheets, placing the sauce in the middle and leaving about 1-2 inches from the end to fold the pastry.
- Fold the pastry in parts towards the middle - depending on your preference you may choose to cover the pasta completely or leave a hole in the middle.
- Lightly eggwash both "pies" and sprinkle poppy seeds.
- Pop the pies into the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Each pie is large enough to be cut into pieces and serve 2 people.