Just returned from 10 days in Great Britain with my daughter. I don't get the baked beans with breakfast. This is a great alternative! From the South!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup quick grits
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup pimento cheese spread (shop bought)
Pimento Cheese Grits is a community recipe submitted by tummieyummie and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- In saucepan slowly stir grits into boiling salted water. Reduce heat to med-low.Stir and cover.
- Cook 5-10 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter and pimento cheese. Continue cooking until melted and creamy.
- If it seems too thick add more milk.
This is also great with seafood!