I suppose this is more of a spring summer dish as I originally made it from young tender broccoli earlier this year. But I love it all year round
For the Soup
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 pound trimmed and chopped broccoli (use stalk)
- 1½ pints chicken broth (or vegetable)
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 grinding nutmeg
- 1 lemon zest
For the Garnish
- 6 teaspoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Broccoli and Lemon Soup is a community recipe submitted by Twinks and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.