A spicy and creamy corn chowder embellished with fish fillets and shrimp.
- 4 slices finely sliced bacon
- 1 can sweetcorn
- 4 small potatoes (peeled and cut into one inch cubes)
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1 small finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 green chile (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 25 fluid ounces chicken broth (or fish stock)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- olive oil (for frying)
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- 4 fish fillets (cut into one inch cubes)
- 12 large shrimp (uncooked peeled & deveined)
- medium fresh parsley (to garnish)
Corn and Fish Chowder is a community recipe submitted by ukhelen and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Serve in large soup bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.