Here is the recipe of fruited pilaf with plenty of flavors. I prepared this recipe for my guests who seemed to appreciate it.
- 18 ounces long grain rice
- 1 broth cube (poultry or vegetable)
- olive oil
- 2 onions (cut into small slices)
- 4 carrots (cut into small cubes)
- 6 chicken breasts
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried apricots
- chili powder
- fresh parsley (leaves)
Rice Pilaf With Chicken Breasts, Raisins and Apricots is a community recipe submitted by Vishinka and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add chicken breasts and cook until golden brown.
- Then add raisin and apricots. Mix together and cook over low heat 2-3 minutes.
- In another saucepan cook rice with spices. Add some stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Combine chicken breasts and rice together in a large bowl or a flat dish and it is ready t be served!
- Decorate with parsley leaves.