This guacamole doesn’t include tomatoes. It makes such a difference: it’s fresh and sharp, a perfect buttery-yellow and jade clay. You can do some chopping in advance, but the actual avocado mixture must be made at the last minute, to ensure it keeps its colour.
- 4 avocados
- 4 limes
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
- ½ - 1 fresh green chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- salt to taste
- spring onions (finely sliced)
- packet of tortilla chips of your choice
- Just before you want to eat the guacamole, peel and stone the avocados and put the flesh in a bowl.
- Dissolve the salt in the lime juice and pour it over the avocado. Then add the other ingredients and mash with a fork until you have a rough lumpy mixture.
- Spoon into a serving dish and surround with tortilla chips for dipping.