This guacamole doesn’t include tomatoes. It makes such a difference: it’s fresh and sharp, a perfect buttery-yellow and jade clay. You can do some chopping in advance, but the actual avocado mixture must be made at the last minute, to ensure it keeps its colour.
For US cup measures, use the toggle at the top of the ingredients list.
Please note that we’ve now introduced a shopping feature with our friends at Ocado so that you can get your ingredients delivered direct to your door, if Ocado serves your area - check at ocado.com/postcode. We hope that this will make shopping for Nigella’s recipe ingredients easier. For any queries related to your Ocado shop, head to ocado.com/customercare.
- 4 avocados
- 4 limes
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
- ½ - 1 fresh green chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- salt to taste
- spring onions (finely sliced)
- packet of tortilla chips of your choice
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
- Just before you want to eat the guacamole, peel and stone the avocados and put the flesh in a bowl.
- Dissolve the salt in the lime juice and pour it over the avocado. Then add the other ingredients and mash with a fork until you have a rough lumpy mixture.
- Spoon into a serving dish and surround with tortilla chips for dipping.
MAKE AHEAD / STORE:
It is not advisable to make ahead or store.