This is THE EASIEST recipe to make. As much fun as it is to drink, this Lazy Limoncello makes a fantastic gift! I call it “lazy” just because the recipe doesn’t call for special lemons and you won’t need to look for special kind of spirit – any vodka and lemons would do. You’ll love this freezing cold summery lemony yellow goodness.
- 10 zest of lemons (peeled)
- 1 litre vodka
- 20 centimetres sugar (cubes)
The Simple Syrup
- 1 glass of water
- 1 glass of sugar
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Lazy Limoncello is a community recipe submitted by AlyonaH and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Wash lemons thoroughly and peel them. Try to peel them as carefully as possible and not get any white pith. Place the peel into a glass jar, drop in the sugar cubes, pour in the vodka. Close the lid and place the jar in the dark place for minimum of 30 days.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil, wait until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Pour as much syrup as you like. The drink should be sweet. Strain into a bottle add syrup to taste and freeeezzeee along with the shot glasses. Always serve it freezing cold. Cheers :)