This is summer in a dessert form. It doesn’t take up a lot of time to make, but it’ll be gone before you can blink. It's velvety, smooth, fresh…It’s really summer on a plate!
- 300 grams digestive biscuits
- 150 grams butter (melted)
Filling & topping
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar (can add less if you prefer)
- 1½ tablespoons flour
- 400 - 450 grams soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg yolks
- 500 grams wild strawberries
Wild Strawberry Pie is a community recipe submitted by AlyonaH and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Process the biscuits until they are like crumbs. Melt the butter in the microwave and add to the crumbs. Pulse again. Line the bottom of a 27-30cm with detachable sides (or any tin you might have!) tin with foil, it'll make it that much easier to get it out of the tin later. Pressing the biscuits in with your hands or a flat glass. The sides must also be covered. Put in the tin in the fridge to set.
- Beat the egg, egg yolks and sugar in the pan until they become much lighter in color. Add teaspoon of flour. Mix. Add the wet ingredients – vanilla and milk. Put on high heat and don’t stop whisking until the custard comes to boil. Put aside to cool until room temperature.
- Thoroughly blend the softened cream cheese and custard. Pour the mixture into the biscuit base and put in the fridge for at least two hours or until set.
- Top with the wild strawberries.
Open a bottle of Prosecco and ENJOY.