This is truly vulture gourmet, scavenged together last night in service to a huge appetite with little means to satisfy it. It sounds a bit odd, but the sweet/spicy squash is absolutely perfect with saltiness of the ham, backed up by subtly nutty emmenthale cheese and romano cheese. This serves one for dinner, two if accompanied by lots of bread and salad.
- 1 butternut squash
- 125 millilitres diced smoked ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- ⅛ kilogram dried bowtie pasta
- 28 grams grated emmental cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
- ½ tablespoon butter
Butternut and Bowties is a community recipe submitted by Becca and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
If I had some fresh Italian parsley, I might add that for some color.