This hasselback butternut squash recipe can be a great vegetarian main dish as well as a pretty side dish.
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 heaped tablespoons olive oil
Hasselback Butternut Squash is a community recipe submitted by DivaliciousRecipes and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Peel the skin with a vegetable peeler.
- Gently slice the squash horizontally with a sharp knife but do not cut all the way down. Keep the space between the slices as thin as you can.
- Place the squash on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush or spoon the olive oil over the squash.
- Scatter the garlic and rosemary sprigs over the squash.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes and baste halfway through cooking.