I made this last night and not only is it virtuous, low fat and high fiber, it's yummy comfort food. I tweaked a recipe I found in a mag and it turned out great!
- italian turkey sausage (sweet, 2 links)
- ½ medium chopped onion
- 188 chopped green bell peppers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 cherry plum tomatoes
- 63 chopped red bell peppers (roasted)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- black pepper (a few grinds)
- 227 tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 227 wholewheat penne
- 85 mozzarella
- 57 goat's cheese (or feta)
- 57 freshly grated parmesan cheese
Sausage 'N Peppers Casserole is a community recipe submitted by bethjeff and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Serve with warm bread and spinach salad.