This dish has been cooked for generations by 'every-day country folk'. Should the summer have not been too dry, one can collect hedgerow fruit for this dish; but do not forget to wash the fruit first in salty water, to get rid of the extra 'protein' and rinse after these have been washed out!
For the Filling
- 3 large bramley apples (sharp tasting)
- 43 butter
- 340 blackberries
- 142 superfine sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (or cloves)
- 59 water
For the Crumble
- 113 diced unsalted butter
- 227 all-purpose flour
- 113 superfine sugar
- 1 sprinkling of brown sugar
- 1 confectioners' sugar (to dust)
Apple and Blackberry Crumble is a community recipe submitted by burnt fingers and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.