My children are Elmo fans, they saw this recipe made with Elmo assisting. Of course this meant we HAD to make them - and 'now'. Gratefully it is a pantry recipe, and it's very easy and kidlet friendly.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- 4 ounces chopped butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ tablespoons boiling water
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Honey and Sultana Cookies Aka Elmo Cookies is a community recipe submitted by Coby and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat oven 150°C/130°C (fan forced) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place flour, oats, sugar and golden raisins into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Melt butter and honey together in a small saucepan over low heat; remove from heat and stir in bicarbonate soda and water.
- Add to dry ingredients immediately; using a wooden spoon, stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place onto line trays about 5cm apart (the biscuits will spread during cooking). Using the back of a spoon, slightly flatten each ball.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, or until biscuits are golden and cooked through.Remove biscuits from oven and stand for 5 minutes to cool. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
These are quite chewy, but then I don't bother squashing them down.