This recipe has been made on the Welsh side of my family in Carmarthenshire since the 19th C.
- 355 cold tea
- 198 soft dark brown sugar
- 340 mixed dried fruit (or 10 oz sultanas, raisins, jumbo sultanas and currants plus 2 oz whole citron peel - the green one, chopped)
- 284 all-purpose flour (unbleached, preferably organic)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground mixed spice
- 1 large well beaten egg (organic)
Unyeasted Bara Brith Williams-Style is a community recipe submitted by Anonymous and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.