A good hearty winter dish, best served with bacon or sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans. This dish can be made in the morning and left covered in the fridge until the evening, if so allow allow a few extra minutes baking time. For a change the mixture can be baked in 4 individual well buttered dishes. I have frozen this dish before baking, it does seperate but a good whisk and it comes back together well but does not souffle up so much. Serves 4 - 6 people (or it has been known 3 very greedy people at times!)
- ⅞ kilogram mashed potatoes
- 57 grams butter (or hard margarine)
- ½ kilogram grated mature cheddar
- ¼ teaspoon english mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten with a little milk)
Cheese and Potato Pie is a community recipe submitted by Crafty Cookie and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.