My mother was away for a week or so and therefore, I had to cook. This was what I came up with and it doesn't taste so bad (almost rivals my mother's!). Just to say, use as much or as little pasta as you like, my mother uses little and I use lots. Plus tomato puree and amount of veg etc. is all to taste! I also do not like garlic or onion, but if you like, you can fry a little of both in oil before you add in the vegetables.
- pasta (however much you feel like - penne, shells, spirals, whatever)
- 2 tubs tomato passata (or two tins of chopped tomatoes - personally I hate the skinny bits so I go for sieved passata)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- mixed herbs
- seasoning (to taste)
- olive oil
- mixed vegetables (fresh is best but you can three quarter cook frozen veggies)
- gram cheese (to taste, Cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan - choose your favourite, personally I like a mix of Cheddar and parmesan)
My Mum's Veggie Pasta Bake is a community recipe submitted by cshankar and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.