My Indian family are Hindu and Sikh vegetarians, and I haven't seen them in a long while anyway, so I had to improvise and create a dish that satisfied that core-need for spice that is in my breeding. It's very easy to make, and ingredients are readily available. The chicken can be replaced with anything you like.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 green chile (Thai or Indian, whole - seeds 'n' all)
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot (microplaned)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 medium onions
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- chicken breast (cut into strips or chunks as you like)
- 2 teaspoons roasted ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons garam masala (seasoned pioneers or rajah are great)
- salt (to taste)
- fresh cilantro (for garnishing)
My Indian Chicken With Coconut is a community recipe submitted by dazzy08 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.