Mix all ingredients in a heavy base pot. Put pot on stove with slow fire. Cover pot and let it cook for about 20 - 25 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent the ingredients from sticking. Add water if the mixture is too dry and for the extra gravy. Serve immediately with rice and stir fry veggies. Lovely!!
Easy to cook. Delicious to eat. Best eaten with bread or warm rice.
- 8 chicken pieces
- 2 large sliced red onions
- 1⅙ inches piece of fresh gingerroot (shredded)
- 4 cloves bruised garlic
- 1 tablespoon thick soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 shredded chile
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup water
Chicken Hong Kong Style is a community recipe submitted by dindaatun and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.